Social Worker (Permanent, Full-Time, Cambridge Location)
Working within the Standards of Practice and Ethics of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, the Social Worker facilitates access to support and provides evidence based multi-modal psychotherapy services for a wide range of mental health issues. Other roles include system navigation and case management, as well as developing, implementing, and evaluating group psychoeducational programs. The Social Worker works in conjunction with other health care providers and builds working partnerships with a wide variety of community health and social agencies.
- Master’s degree in social work from a recognized university.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Three to five years counseling experience: preferable in a community setting
- Proficiencies in assessment, motivational interviewing, and evidence based therapeutic modalities for working with individuals, couples, families, and communities.
- Demonstrated experience with CBT and DBT an asset.
- Up to date knowledge of community resources and experience in developing community linkages and relationships.
- Understanding of the social determinants of health and evidence-based healthcare practices
- Excellence in problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops, and conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team, work independently and work within a community practice setting.
- Experience with an Electronic Medical Record (Practice Solutions) would be an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Driver’s License
WRNPLC celebrates diversity and is devoted to creating an inclusive and equal opportunity environment for all employees. Applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the interview process should advise the contact noted below so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of this recruitment process.
Candidates are required to submit their cover letter and resume to Leanne Terry by January 29, 2024
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 519-772-2323