Nurse Practitioner (s)
WRNPLC is looking to fill 2 one-year, full time contract positions from October 2022-October 2023.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a member of the interprofessional team of WRNPLC. The NP provides comprehensive primary care services to clients including the individual throughout their life span, the family, and the community, with a strong emphasis on health promotion, patient education and disease prevention. The NP provides primary care functions and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services. These positions will be based out of the Kitchener clinic site but may be required to provide coverage at other locations on occasion.
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing required, Master of Science in Nursing
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN(EC)
- Current Membership with NPAO
- Evidence of liability insurance
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
- Demonstrated experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting
- Demonstrated experience in working with vulnerable populations including mental health and addictions
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction
- Superior organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of the computer hardware and software, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Prior experience and knowledge of electronic medical record (Practice Solutions experience an asset)
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops and conferences
- Multi-tasking skills related to the delivery of efficient primary care including the ability to share information and teach while treating a patient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit an ability to be open and non-judgmental
WRNPLC celebrates diversity and is devoted to creating an inclusive and equal opportunity environment for all employees. Applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the interview process should advise the contact noted below so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of this recruitment process.
Candidates are required to submit their cover letter and resume to Leanne Terry by August 22, 2022
Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic,
13 Water Street N., Cambridge, ON N1R 3B2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 519-772-2323