Hello and welcome to the Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic website. Please check our recent news, resources, and services and programs for any information you need regarding this clinic.
Below is a description of our Vision and Mission
Partnering for a Healthier Community.
The Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is an innovative provider
of person-centered, quality driven, integrated and accessible primary care.
We will achieve our mission by:
• Building partnerships
• Optimizing resources
• Engaging in research and evaluation
• Incorporating lifelong learning into all that we do
• Contributing to a more effective and sustainable health system.
If you would like to know more about this NPLC, please click here.
- The Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is one of 26 NPLCs in Ontario
- Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics are a primary health care delivery model in which Nurse Practitioners are the lead providers of primary health care
- Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics provide comprehensive primary health care to people of all ages and all health conditions across the province of Ontario
- NPLCs are governed by a board which consists of Community Members and Nurse Practitioners
- Nurse Practitioners collaborate with a team that includes our patients, dieticians, pharmacists, nurses, social workers and administrative staff. Family physicians are available for consultation
- Nurse Practitioners diagnose, treat, counsel, prescribe medicines, order diagnostic tests and perform procedures for their patients