BOARD OF DIRECTORS (VOTING MEMBER)
The Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic provides primary health care services to local residents. These services include: illness and injury treatment; physical exams; primary health care across the lifespan; prenatal care; immunizations; chronic disease care; counseling and education. Our Board of Directors consists of Nurse Practitioners and Community members. We are recruiting additional Directors for our Board.
Our Clinic is governed by a Board of Directors with a varied skill set. Our strategic plan, mission, vision and guiding values support the Board in its governance and the Clinic’s success (all of these are found on our website)
The Director’s role is supported by a formal welcome and orientation to Board of Director roles and responsibilities. Our Directors gain personal and professional board and committee experience through Governance resources and networking with regional partners. We meet one evening every month and have an annual strategic planning day. There are additional opportunities to be involved with committees as desired.
- Proven leadership abilities with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Familiarity with good governance systems
- Knowledge in primary health care services would be an asset.
- Expertise and solid experience with accounting/fiduciary responsibilities/finances
- Experience in human resources management; government relations; project management; information technology; and/or research
- Experience in strategic planning; risk, quality and performance management;
- Board and governance expertise; public affairs, communications, legal background, and/or finance background are strong assets.
- Willingness to devote the time and effort required to become an effective Board Director including attendance at board orientation, meetings and organizational events.
WRNPLC Board of Directors’ offer:
- A collaborative governance work environment
- Opportunities for professional growth, development and networking
- Opportunities to impact the well being of the community by improving access to primary health care.
How to Apply
Please forward letter of interest and resume to Leanne Terry, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 519-772-2323