WRNPLC is now recruiting;
Social Worker (permanent part-time 18.75 hours per week): Working within the Standards of Practice and Ethics of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, the Social Worker facilitates access to support and provides evidence based multi-modal psychotherapy services for a wide range of mental health issues. Other roles include system navigation and case management, as well as developing, implementing, and evaluating group psychoeducational programs. The Social Worker works in conjunction with other health care providers and builds working partnerships with a wide variety of community health and social agencies. This position will be at our Cambridge site.
- Masters degree in Social Work from a recognized university.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Three to five years counseling experience: preferable in a community setting
- Proficiencies in assessment, motivational interviewing, and evidence based therapeutic modalities for working with individuals, couples, families, and communities
- Demonstrated experience with CBT and DBT an asset
- Up to date knowledge of community resources and experience in developing community linkages and relationships
- Understanding of the social determinants of health and evidence based healthcare practices
- Excellence in problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops and conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team, work independently and work within a community practice setting
- Experience with and Electronic Medical Record would be an asset
- Experience with Software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
Click here for complete job description: Job Description-Social Worker 2019
Candidates are required to submit their cover letter and resume by October 14, 2019 to
Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic,
13 Water Street N., Cambridge, ON N1R 3B2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 519-772-2323
We appreciate all resumes; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted