All the staff, students and volunteers at Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic are bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your information.
We collect, use and disclose your personal health information to:
- Treat and care for you
- Plan, administer and manage our internal operations
- Conduct risk management and quality improvement activities
- Conduct research
- Compile statistics
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Get payment for your treatment and care (for OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer)
- Fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law
Your request for care implies consent for our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to your care as noted above. All other purposes would require your express consent.
Express consent means verbal or written permission or authorization has been obtained from you for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal health information.
You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to disclose personal health information. You will be required to sign the appropriate form which will be forwarded to the Privacy Officer.