- Blister packages for ALESSE 21 & ALESSE 28 were found to contain one broken pink tablet in a sealed blister
- Broken or split birth control tablets may deliver a smaller dose of the active drug ingredients which could reduce its effectiveness in preventing pregnancy
- If you are taking this medication, check tablets before taking them and do not consume tablets that are broken or split
- return blister packages containing broken or split tablets to the pharmacy to get a replacement package
- seek counsel on the proper use of oral contraceptives and what to do if you miss a dose.
Please contact your pharmacy with any questions