WRNPLC is now recruiting;
Nurse Practitioner- Contract (11 months- 30 hrs/week)
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a full member of the interprofessional team of WRNPLC. The NP provides comprehensive primary care services to clients including the individual throughout their life span, the family, and the community, with a strong emphasis on health promotion, patient education and disease prevention. The NP provides primary care functions and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services.
- Council of Ontario University Program in Nursing Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program Certificate (or recognized equivalent)
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing required, Master of Science in Nursing preferred
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN(EC) required
- Current Membership with RNAO and evidence of liability insurance
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
- Demonstrated experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction
- Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of the computer hardware and software, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Prior experience and knowledge of electronic medical record
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops and conferences
- Multi-tasking skills related to the delivery of efficient primary care including the ability to share information and teach while treating a patient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit an ability to be open and non-judgmental
- Knowledge of the goals and structure of the organization, the policies and procedures and the programs.
Click here for a complete role description Job Description-Nurse Practitioner Updated April 2019
Candidates are required to submit their cover letter and resume to;
Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic,
13 Water Street N., Cambridge, ON N1R 3B2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 519-772-2323
We appreciate all resumes; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.