WRNPLC is now recruiting;
Social Worker- permanent, 18.75 hours/week
Nurse Practitioner- One Year Contract, 30 hours/week
Social Worker (permanent part-time 18.75 hours per week):
Working within the Standards of Practice and Ethics of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, the Social Worker facilitates access to support and provides evidence based multi-modal psychotherapy services for a wide range of mental health issues. Other roles include system navigation and case management, as well as developing, implementing, and evaluating group psychoeducational programs. The Social Worker works in conjunction with other health care providers and builds working partnerships with a wide variety of community health and social agencies.
- Masters degree in Social Work from a recognized university.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Three to five years counseling experience: preferable in a community setting
- Proficiency in assessment, motivational interviewing, and evidence based therapeutic modalities for working with individuals, couples, families, and communities
- Demonstrated experience with CBT and DBT an asset
- Up to date knowledge of community resources and experience in developing community linkages and relationships
- Understanding of the social determinants of health and evidence based healthcare practices
- Excellence in problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops and conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team, work independently and work within a community practice setting
- Experience with and Electronic Medical Record would be an asset
- Experience with Software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
Complete role description: Job Description-Social Worker 2019
Candidates are required to submit their cover letter and resume for Social Work Position by May 13, 2019 (email and fax below)
Nurse Practitioner (one year contract from July 2019-July 2020, 30 hours/week)
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a full member of the interprofessional team of WRNPLC. The NP provides comprehensive primary care services to clients including the individual throughout their life span, the family, and the community, with a strong emphasis on health promotion, patient education and disease prevention. The NP provides primary care functions and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services. Our client population includes individuals with significant social and medical complexity. This position is 30 hours per week including evenings
- Council of Ontario University Program in Nursing Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program Certificate (or recognized equivalent)
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing required, Master of Science in Nursing preferred
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN(EC) required
- Current Membership with RNAO and evidence of liability insurance
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
- Demonstrated experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction
- Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of the computer hardware and software, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Prior experience and knowledge of electronic medical record
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops and conferences
- Multi-tasking skills related to the delivery of efficient primary care including the ability to share information and teach while treating a patient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit an ability to be open and non-judgmental
- Knowledge of the goals and structure of the organization, the policies and procedures and the programs.
For a complete job description: Job Description-Nurse Practitioner Updated April 2019
Candidates are required to submit their cover letter and resume by May 27, 2017
Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic,
13 Water Street N., Cambridge, ON N1R 3B2
Email: email@example.com or fax 519-772-2323
We appreciate all resumes; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.